Wednesday, March 7, 2012

PS#5: Winter

Looking back at my lack of postings, it's apparent that I've not given this blog much attention over the past several months. I'd like to blog daily or at least weekly, but life gets in the way. It also has not helped that I've not been photographing that much.


This image was taken about a month ago in the Addicks Reservoir (Houston, TX).




click for larger image


Shooting Specs:
Camera: Canon 5DII
Lens: Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS
Filter: none
Shutter Speed: 1/2 sec.
Aperture: f/11
Focal Length: 24mm
ISO: 100
Camera mounted on tripod


I'm posting this one because it was from my first serious photo outing in several months. The purpose of the outing was simply to practice photography and get the creative juices flowing again. I needed some practice before my Big Bend trip.


This marshy, dead scene on an overcast day really communicated winter to me. It looks cold to me, although I was wearing a t-shirt. It's been unseasonably warm this winter.


This area has changed completely now. I was out there yesterday for a run, and there is green grass just about everywhere, even in the water. Spring is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment