Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Underwater Landscapes

In June I got a Canon underwater housing for my G11 for father's day. I played around with it some in the pool with the kids. It's an amazing tool considering the price. Housings for DSLRs cost on the order of 6 times more (at the very low end).




click to view larger


For years now, I've fantasized about underwater landscapes. I thought about doing typical landscape work (with a tripod and all) sub-surface.


This past weekend, I tried. I'll post more about this in the coming weeks, but I'll just say that it was way more difficult than I had imagined. And I have a new-found appreciation for anyone who has ever taken a camera underwater and tried to take quality photos.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Been working on this very thing. You are right a lot harder than it looks.

    ReplyDelete