Wednesday, August 25, 2010

AR 22 - Alternatives & Planes

There is a small patch of woods along the trail that is usually very swampy. This spot is beautiful, but heavily cluttered with small trees. I've tried many times to photograph this area, but have yet to capture what I think is most beautiful.


I tried a motion blur in attempts to abstract two main things that I find attractive: the slender trunks of the trees and the green light from the canopy. I think I like it.




click for larger image


Some motion overhead caught my attention as I walked along the trail. It was a cicada caught in a banana spider's web.




click for larger image


As if on cue, a plane flew through the scene as I photographed it.


On the return, I got caught in a very heavy downpour. Fortunately I had taken along two little water resistant stuff-sacks to protect my phone and camera, but the rest of me went for a swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment