Friday, August 20, 2010

AR 21 - Moss, Spider, & Bee

For the first time in a very long while, I've managed to walk three days in a row. And my legs and joints feel it!


Yesterday's walk was a break from the usual direct sunlight and massive heat. Temperatures were a good 8 degrees cooler and cloud cover gave me shade the whole way. It was almost pleasant, although I won't be calling my walks full-blown pleasant until after the first few cold fronts later this year :-)




click for larger image


This scene (above) caused a lot of thought and emotion to surface. That's all I'll say about that ;-)




click for larger image


I came across a banana spider working hard to rebuild her web. It had just been hit by a small branch knocked out of the tree above.


The large, colorful banana spiders are the females. The smaller ones (not pictured here) are the males. And they're so much smaller that they look like intruders on their mate's webs. In effect, they are and typically get eaten after mating. Glad I'm not a spider.




click for larger image

No comments:

Post a Comment