Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Blog Split - It Becomes Two

I've wrestled with this long enough. Despite the world not needing another photography blog (geesh, there's a ton), I've created a new one to only showcase photos: www.texbrick.com/photo/photoblog




www.texbrick.com/photo/photoblog


The new blog will be photos with as little text as possible, i.e. it's just a place to view pictures. I will keep this existing blog for my writings on photography (and maybe other stuff, like beer :-) ).


My dilemma is that I dislike reading blogs that contain long posts and/or loads of full-sized images, and when I post to my blog, I tend to write more than I should and want to post more photos than necessary.


One of my compromises here has been to post thumbnails to keep the real estate used relatively small. However, that requires clicking by the viewer to see the full-sized image. I'm sure that's been annoying. It annoys me.


My new blog is a place for viewers to just sit back and look at the images with their morning coffee, afternoon beer, or tequila shots at work :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment