Friday, May 21, 2010

AR 9 - Miscellaneous

Heading down the trail yesterday was a similar situation to the walk the day before. I just wasn't into it, photographically speaking.


Then I let go. I decided to "stop trying" (I believe that's an old Native American quote). And a funny thing happened: I saw potential photos EVERYWHERE.


- small frog on the paved trail, deer in the gas pipeline cut, and unripe blackberries alongside the trail:




click for larger images


It was a great exercise. I managed to eliminate any self-induced stress or pressure to make photographs. Now, these aren't the greatest photographs I've ever made, but I had a damn good time shooting them. It was fun and I felt a lot of inspiration to return and shoot more.


- cool looking plant, male northern cardinal, and crawfish mud tower:




click for larger images


Be still with yourself until the object of
your attention affirms your presence.

-Minor White

No comments:

Post a Comment