Monday, December 31, 2007

Week 4 & 5

Weeks 4 & 5: Dec. 17 - 31
Miles Walked: 43.8
Weight / Waist: 252 lb / 43.75"
(note: waist is measured at the point of largest girth; in my case, that's around me at the belly button)

SUMMARY AT 5 WEEKS
Miles Walked: 99.8
Weight Change: +6 lb
Waist Change: -0.75 inches

I'm at the end of a 5 week stretch, and I've walked nearly 100 miles. I haven't lost any weight, in fact, I've gained some. But my weighing-in this morning comes at the end of a long holiday week (i.e. I've had my fill of cookies, beer, pie, etc.). I'm looking pretty bloated right now :-) but at least my waist is smaller. I think that's a good indicator. And, judging from my legs, I've gained a bit of muscle.

My new goal is this: Walk 1000 Miles in One Year's Time That's averaging about 20 miles per week. I think I can do it. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment