Monday, December 17, 2007

Week 3

Week 3: Dec. 10 - 16
Miles Walked: 17
Weight / Waist: 246 lb / 44"
(note: waist is measured at the point of largest girth; in my case, that's around me at the belly button)


SUMMARY AT 3 WEEKS
Miles Walked: 56
Weight Lost: 0 lb
Waist Lost: -0.5 inches


Well, I think I have some progress to report. It appears 0.5 inches have shrunk off my waist. This measurement is most likely correct since my pants are fitting a bit looser now :-) The weight may come down later. Sometimes weight "hangs" at a certain point, and then drops after a few weeks. Also, I may be building a little bit of muscle with all this walking.


The big accompishment of the week is that I walked 13.2 miles in 3 hours and 5 minutes yesterday (that's 14-minute miles!). I'm planning on walking/running (mostly walking) a 25K race in Big Bend National Park next month, so I wanted to see if I could handle going a long distance. The 25K is 15.5 miles, so I'm getting close. I'll have a month between now and the race, and I need to keep walking hard. I think I should be walking 20 to 25 miles per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment