Friday, October 12, 2007

Port Wines

Alright, it's another wine post in the beer category. Geessshhh.. sorry. Maybe I need a wine category too :-)

I'm very fond of port, particularly tawny port. The best that I've ever had is the Don Luis Tawny port from the Val Verde Winery in Del Rio, Texas.



The Don Luis has a full, rich taste. Just a little sip will fill your mouth with a wonderful experience. The aroma fills all the void space in your head and makes everything feel warm and pleasant. It's slightly sweet, but not too sweet. It's just right. I can sip on just a few ounces and be satisfied.

Put it in a brandy sniffer, cup your hand around the bottom and let it warm up, then sit back and enjoy the taste and smell. Sometimes the smell is just as good!

I've tried a lot of other tawny ports (like the other one shown above), and they all seem to lack that full bodied taste of the Don Luis. They're good, yes, but just lack something.

No comments:

Post a Comment