Monday, March 21, 2011

AR 34-38: Back to Photographing

I've started up my photography-walk project in the Addicks Reservoir this year. My first walk was in early February, and I've managed to take my camera out five times. (Although, I have walked many other times this year without the camera.)




Back on Track
(click for larger image)



If you haven't read about this project, please see this post that explains its purpose and documents the start of it.




Walk #34
(click for larger image)



It was rough and non-productive starting out this year. I hadn't photographed in a serious manner in a long while.




Walk #35
(click for larger image)



The light was beautiful (late in the day: warm and directional light) for these walks prior to Daylight Savings Time.


There wasn't much new growth in February and there were not very many little critters around. We had two spells of very cold weather this past winter and everything seems reluctant to spring back to life.




Walk #36
(click for larger image)



I tried slipping back into Photo Mode, meaning I attempted to tune into the things that were attracting my attention, and then worked on capturing them in a meaningful composition. It's not quite like riding a bike, at least for me. I quickly get out of practice after long periods of not photographing.




Walk #37
(click for larger image)



I also played around with motion blurs again. There's a lot that can be done with a little imagination, and trying abstracts and blurs certainly creates new possibilities regarding photographing the reservoir.




Walk #38
(click for larger image)



What I learned last year still holds true. I quickly become out of practice if I don't photograph for a while, and when I do finally pick the camera up, it's hard to get my head back into it.


Practicing photography, even if it's just for a very short while once a week, really helps to keep the momentum going.

No comments:

Post a Comment