Monday, April 12, 2010

Texas Wildflowers 2010, Part 3

For several weeks now, I've been noticing a huge crop of yellow wildflowers growing in the woods in Bear Creek Pioneers Park (in the Addicks Reservoir). I see this area on my commute to work. Last week, I stopped after work and spent some time there with my camera.




click for larger image


The flowers are thick. A beautiful yellow blanket covers most of the equestrian trail in the park and the surrounding woods. They are particularly thick along Bear Creek (the photo above).




click for larger image


I stalked around in the woods, wading in knee-high flowers, to explore along the creek. Then I hit the muddy trail and found a near-continuous road of yellow.




click for larger image


I'm not sure when these peak, but I think it's about now. I'm planning on going back this week.


BTW, I've also attempted to identify these flowers and I believe they are golden groundsel.

No comments:

Post a Comment