Tuesday, December 15, 2009

November Big Bend Gallery Complete

It is done. My gallery of photos from Big Bend National Park is ready for viewing:




click to enter gallery



I spent nearly 10 full days in the park and surrounding areas. During that time, I attended a TME (The Mindful Eye) six day photography workshop lead by Craig Tanner and Marti Jeffers.


The shooting opportunities were slightly different during this trip. Usually, my visits to the park are on my own terms, and I focus on specific areas, mostly accessible by hiking. The workshop itinerary focused mostly on the easy-to-reach, iconic locations in the park.


In project terms, this last trip was definitely a sub-project, much like my badlands project was this past March. I had a lot of opportunity and time to shoot well-known locations, something that I had not really done before.


My goal during this last trip was to shoot the easy spots and create a sense of place. The resulting collection of photos will hopefully add some balance to my larger, on-going project.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous gallery, your work needs to be on display in print, somewhere. I hope the "larger project" is a BB book. What is so interesting about this collection of work is the beautiful night images. You see a lot of well covered topics that don't have this extra dimension. I had bought awhile back "National Audubon guide to Photographing America's National Parks" you would think they would have the best of the best images, not so. Your BB images blow the ones in the book away. Anyway, Happy Holidays and hope you and your family have a great New Year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff,
    Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. I greatly appreciate it!
    -TJ

    ReplyDelete