Thursday, June 18, 2009

The "Off" Period

Not much has been happening with my photography lately. I'm in an off period. That would account for the lack of posts here :-)


I can't explain it, but my photographic creativity and my desire to shoot has just abandoned me. It's been gone about two months now. It's not a stereotypical creative block, but rather a lack of creative drive and enthusiasm.


This happened about the same time last year. I spent about two months in a photographic lull, then all of a sudden it came back (and full-force too). I itched to get out with my camera again.


I think there are a lot of reasons behind this current lull, and I'm not going to get into the details now. I feel a great change in my photography is at hand.


This lull is inadvertently giving me a break. A break is sometimes needed to prevent burn-out and perhaps recharge the creative energies that have been spent (or over-spent).


Some years ago, I completely burned myself out of my LEGO hobby and hardly built anything for a long time. That was bad and I missed building with my bricks. What I needed was a break, but I didn't realize it at the time.


SoFoBoMo update
However, I am pushing forward with my SoFoBoMo project. Most of this work is just follow-through. I laid down the creative plans a while back and I'm now just fulfilling my visions.


I officially started May 24th. I'm planning on wrapping up the book and publishing a PDF sometime around the 20th or 21st of June. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Wish I had some insight to add, but it sounds like you are aware and know what to do. I imagine the ole subconscious is hard at work and will reveal it new found creativity soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh, I wonder what my subconscious is up to. I have a lot of faith that my photographic creativity will come back, but I just don't know when.

    ReplyDelete