Saturday, February 28, 2009

Book Planning

I think I'm pretty much done with planning the concept of my SoFoBoMo book. This is going to be fun, and I'm looking forward to a project that I can work on right here at home.






The main concept is that the book will be sort of a guessing game for Henry (the book is for Henry, BTW). The idea is to have a close up and slightly abstracted photo of something he knows well followed by (on the next page) a wide, big shot of the whole thing. E.g. a close-up of one of the wheels on his yellow Tonka dump truck followed by a wide-angle shot of the whole dump truck with our backyard in the background.


The reason behind this concept is two fold:
1. I wanted a project that I could feasibly do within the rules of the SoFoBoMo project (so working at home is easy enough for me).
2. I wanted to make a book with some use. Creating a kids book is a good idea, IMO, because Henry can use it and also my younger son, Michael, when he gets older.


The next phase will be for me to select items around the house and backyard and then plan out the shots. Each item will require two photos.


So, that's an update! Let the planning continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment