Thursday, August 14, 2008

DIY Camera L-brackets

About two years ago, I figured out how to make a simple L-bracket that was compatible with the Arca-Swiss style quick release system. You can buy professionally made L-brackets that are extremely well made and very nice, but they're expensive (especially when you change camera bodies every year or so, therefore requiring a new L-bracket each time :-) ).


Since then, I've made two others. I've created an article detailing how they were made (download it here - PDF file).






I like doing stuff myself and working with my hands and tools. I buy things or pay for repairs only when I cannot do it myself. Believe me, there are many things in my house that have been fixed with duct tape, super glue, or clothes-hanger wire :-)






Now, if I could just figure out how to make a home-made ballhead... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment