Monday, February 11, 2008

More Portraits from the Backyard

Here are a few new ones of Henry. I tried a lot of motion shots - shots taken with Henry moving while I panned the camera attempting to match his motion. I also tossed out my "perfection" routine (shoot RAW, process carefully) and shot JPG with different in-camera settings.

The first two were done in black and white mode with the red filter effect (all in-camera settings). I figured out from the histograms of the first few shots that I needed to dial in +2/3 exposure comp. to get it right. The third shot is a high-contrast low-saturation (color) effect, again shot in JPG.


  
(click for larger pic)
It's not the way to maximize image quality, but it's fun. And I can't say that I'm dissapointed with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment