Saturday, January 5, 2008

Portraits from the Backyard

My wife commented here on my blog that I don't have enough content of the family. Seems I'm more absorbed with beer, cameras, and walking. Well, I can't let it be known that I'm NOT a family man.



Perhaps I should post some realistic photos of our lives instead of portraits from the backyard. But no one wants to see an overflowing poopy-diaper, or me on a weekend with a grumpy, unshaven face and wrinkled clothes.


Anyway, here are a few photos from our backyard taken last October. They were made with a Canon 1ds Mark II and a Canon 24mm f/1.4L lens, shot handheld at ISO 400 and f/2.0 in the early evening shade with no flash. I borrowed this camera and lens combo for that weekend and had a good time with it :-)


Below is our late dog, Ginger. She died suddenly from cancer two days before Christmas last year, r.i.p. The photo is quite fitting. She was always gentle, kind, and loved to be silently right in the center of the family.



We'll miss her greatly. She was a very good dog and companion. She was a true friend to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment