Monday, October 22, 2007

My LEGO News - Sorting and Planning

I spent a lot of time at home last week with a nasty cold and sinus infection (a pretty bad one too - the headaches knocked me out of commission). I hit the bricks, once again, in efforts to clear the huge back-log of loose parts, half-built projects, and general clutter laying around my LEGO work area.


It's been years since I've built anything seriously. I miss my bricks and I miss the building process. But I've been apprehensive and loath to clean the slate for a new project. There's nearly a mountain of work to be done.


The desk is looking pretty good now, especially with a load of new bins for parts sorting. I like these large plastic frames that contain multiple clear storage pull-out-type trays. Things are looking neat and tidy now, and I'm finally seeing the faint light at the end of the proverbial dark tunnel in regards to finishing the huge clean-up.






The desk is about eight feet wide and used to be very cluttered with all sorts of stuff - books, computer & printer, cameras, and LEGO parts, of course. I decided to keep it strictly LEGO. I screwed-down a large oval train track so that I can run trains around the desk perimeter for entertainment. This is mainly for somebody else:





It's a thief! Stop! Who's stealing my plates???


Little Henry (my son) just can't help himself. He crawled up on the desk and started digging around :-)


So what am I planning to build next? Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment